Woodinville, WA | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425-785-8123
Seeking a challenging position which combines working with a team of individuals who are passionate about user experience and customer advocacy, while utilizing my unique skills to build teams and deliver exceptional products with high quality to customers.
Quality Assurance Manager - Amazon - Emerging Devices (Feb 2018 - Current)
- Created and managed Product QA team, responsible for end to end quality assurance for seven v1 hardware and software products in new Amazon product category. Two of the seven products have been announced so far, Echo Loop and Echo Buds.
- Defined and implemented test strategy, organizational wide quality mechanisms, team identity, and 3-year vision/roadmap.
- Product QA designed and implemented a Test SDK to enable test automation, tools for development efficiency and improved testability, simulators to reduce hardware device dependency, and hardware rigs for testing physical hardware.
- Product QA built hardware automation infrastructure and usability labs required for product testing.
- Built and managed Systems Engineering (SDET, SDE, SysDE, HDE) team responsible for delivering tools, guideline and infrastructure to ensure reliable build release processes.
- Critical part of leadership team responsible for growing organization across all disciplines.
- Established and managed organizational hardware budget of physical devices for development, testing, beta, and labs.
- Responsible for Amazon wide hiring as an Amazon Bar Raiser since 2018.
Systems Development Manager - Amazon - Alexa Smart Home (Jan 2015 - Feb 2018)
- Built and managed 4 teams (QA, Systems Engineering, Operations, Beta), across multiple countries, comprising of 30+ individuals (QA, SDET, SDE, SysDE, SE, PM) for the Smart Home organization.
- Defined and implemented strategy, team identities, and vision/roadmap for each of the above teams.
- Worked with external partners on implementation with our core API to expand ecosystem of Smart Home products integrated with Amazon Alexa.
- Created and implemented certification program to grow the Works with Amazon Alexa ecosystem of certified Smart Home devices from 3 to over 4,000 devices.
- Expanded certification for Works with Amazon Alexa to incorporate international products into the ecosystem, extending across 7 different device categories in 10 different countries.
- Leveraged my Systems Engineering and Operations teams to build tools for our external customers, allowing them to have a higher quality service and meet certification requirements faster.
- Managed Systems Engineering team, responsible for providing Test SDK to enable test automation, tools for development efficiency and improved testability, simulators to reduce hardware device dependency, and pipelines for code deployment of Alexa Smart Home code.
- Managed Smart Home Operations team, responsible for providing Tier 1 level support for high severity events in follow the sun model, escalated customer service tickets, auditing services for operational readiness, and hardware scaling for Smart Home services.
- Managed Smart Home Beta PM team, responsible for managing and executing Beta program domestically and internationally, with Alexa and Smart Home devices.
- Established and managed hardware budget for physical devices and fleet capacity for all of Alexa Smart Home.
- Technical consultant for CEDIA, AWS re:Invent, CES, Beast Mode store, Smart Home Road Show, Lowes commercials, and several other high-profile projects.
Quality Assurance Manager - Amazon - Alexa Mobile App (Sept 2014 - Jan 2015)
- Built and managed Alexa Mobile App team of 10 engineers, responsible for validating the quality of the Alexa mobile app across iOS/Android/FireOS.
- Developed and implemented test strategy, define how we ship products, developing the team identity, and future vision.
- Established and managed hardware budget of physical devices and fleet capacity for team.
Senior Quality Lead - Microsoft - Data Applications (Jan 2014 - Sept 2014)
- Built and managed a quality team of 11 engineers focused on the validation of apps built for Windows 10.
- Working with other leaders of Data Applications team, developed organizational wide philosophy on team identity, established mechanisms to ship products, defined roles of the various trio teams, and created a product vision.
- Developed and implemented test strategy and approach for the newly formed Data Applications quality team.
- Helped ICs create and execute on excellent design and quality plans, as measured by the final product quality in bugs, polish, usability, and customer value.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test Lead - Microsoft - Windows Apps (Sept 2012 - Jan 2014)
- Developed and implemented a Scenario Focused Engineering approach for Windows Reading List team, resulting in a consistently higher-quality app throughout development and release in Windows 8.1 and all subsequent updates.
- Developed and implemented test strategy and approach for the newly formed Windows Apps test team.
- Led Windows Reading List test team, which delivered a superb app for Windows 8.1 and subsequent updates.
- Designed and implemented a tool to allow for easier internal self-hosting of Windows 8.1 apps.
- Designed and developed tools for Microsoft retail stores to gather necessary data to resolve Retail Demo experience issues with a root cause in production.
- Investigated and identified all issues affecting Microsoft retail stores with regards to Retail Demo experience, driving appropriate fixes with partners responsible for the work.
Software Development Engineer in Test II / Senior SDET - Microsoft - Windows User Experience (Sept 2011 - Sept 2012)
- Developed and implemented test strategy for Retail Demo Experience & Windows Media Center test teams in Windows 8.
- Led Retail Demo Experience & Windows Media Center test teams, executing and delivering a polished release for Windows 8.
- Collaborated with external partners to ensure smooth and efficient Retail Demo Experience execution in retail store environments.
- Executed and delivered test plans, test cases, and automation for Windows Media Center in Windows 8.
Software Development Engineer in Test II - Microsoft - IEB Software & Services (Sept 2009 - Sept 2011)
- Implemented and drove Testability across IEB test organization.
- Developed and implemented test strategy for Live Platform and Smart Glass test team.
- Led Live Platform and Smart Glass test team through test plans, test case development, and automation development.
- Coordinated between Platform and UX test teams to ensure end to end scenarios are covered and eliminated overlapping work.
- Managed costing and load-balancing of test work across Live Platform and Smart Glass test team.
- Executed and delivered test plans, test cases, and automation for assigned features in Live Platform and Smart Glass.
Software Development Engineer in Test I/II - Microsoft - Windows Media Center (Sept 2007 - Sept 2009)
- Developed and implemented test strategy for Internet TV/Netflix on Media Center.
- Led Internet TV/Netflix on WMC test team through test plans, test case development, and automation development.
- Managed costing and load balancing of test work across Internet TV/Netflix on Media Center test team.
- Executed and delivered test plans, test cases, and automation for assigned features in Internet TV/Netflix on Media Center.
Software Test Engineer / Software Development Engineer in Test I - Microsoft - Windows Shell Team (March 2000 - Sept 2007)
- Designed and implemented high quality test plans and matrices for feature areas, resulting in better testing efficiency.
- Demonstrated team leadership in the areas of testability, test design, and test case/plan authoring.
- Drove change and improvement in the test team processes, resulting in greater team productivity.
- Performed testing with a notable degree of quality on home networking features in XP, Vista, & Windows 7.
- Architected test solutions to improve product quality through design, specification and schedule test automation, implementation and execution, and coordinating test resources.
- Demonstrated leadership through a customer-centric approach to decision-making; directed different test teams on projects that required joint work from multiple external teams.
- Administrated DC's handling Roaming User Profiles and Folder Redirection polices through the domain.
- Handled GPO deployment, RSOP and OU management for RUP/FR test bed of 1200+ users.
- Implemented and deployed web servers, file servers and backup solutions.
- Mentored new hires/interns as well as managed contractors as direct reports; directed their tasks and reviewed their work.
- Patent Award - Account Synchronization for Common Identity in an Unmanaged Network - 2006
- Windows Engineering Excellence Award Winner - Testability - 2007
- Windows Engineering Excellence Award Runner-Up - Internal Self-Host Deployment - 2013